Title: Put College to Work
Client: Quill Driver Books
Details: Soft cover, 6×9, 328 pages, two-color interior
Put College to Work provides a cohesive strategy for college students to create an educational experience they will cherish and find a career they will love.
The target audience for this book spends a lot of time on the Internet, reading blogs and absorbing infographics. So the book’s design embraces the blog aesthetic in several ways:
- Generous margins and space between paragraphs to present the content in bite-sized chunks.
- Extensive use of bulleted lists (like this one!)
- Distinctive sidebar treatments to identify four different types of supporting content
- Clean, casual fonts that reflect the author’s conversational writing style
- Use of color for visual interest and to enable easy scanning of the content for pick-and-choose readers.